Recipe: Peppermint Angel Food Cake
- For Cake: 1 − 16 oz. package of angel food cake mix
- 10 striped round peppermint candies, crushed (1/3 cup)
- For Sauce: 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Gently fold in crushed candy. Pour into un−greased 10 inch tube pan. Bake according to package directions.
- Cool inverted. In a saucepan stir sugar, unsweetened cocoa, and cornstarch together. Add evaporated skim milk. Stir. Cook and stir constantly until thick. Then cook 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Chill remaining sauce and re−warm before serving.
- To serve, slice cake and serve with warm sauce over each serving. Cake can be decorated with additional crushed peppermint candy.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)