4−6 Cups vegetable oil (in fryer)
1 package Pillsbury apple or cherry turnovers
(Find them in the refrigerated section)
1. Unroll the Pillsbury turnover dough. You will have six 3″x3″
pieces. You will use four of them. Stretch them out to about 4″x5″
rectangles. Do this on waxed paper.
2. Spread 1/2 of the pie filling on one dough, and the other half on
another, leaving about 1/2″ of dough around edges. Clear a 3/4″ space
lengthwise down the middle of both.
3. Place the remaining two doughs on top of the two with the filling.
Crimp the edges. You’ll have what looks like two giant pop−tarts.
4. Cut both of them precisely down the middle, in that 3/4″ space you
created. Crimp those two edges.
5. Manipulate as needed to form an attractive, uniform shaped pie.
They should look like small burritos, only crimped around the edges.
6. Place all four, flat on waxed paper, in the freezer. After about
45 minutes, spray all sides of each pie with water mist. Return to
the freezer for at least another hour.
7. Place in a freezer bag and seal for future use, or get ready to