Recipe: Olive Gardens Fried Mozzarella
- 1 pound block of mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- Slice the block of cheese lengthwise into about 1/2 inch sections.
- Cut each section in half.
- Beat the eggs with water and set aside.
- Mix the bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, and basil and set aside.
- Blend the flour with corn starch and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil for deep frying to 350F.
- Dip cheese in flour then in egg wash and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place carefully in hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- This should only take a matter of seconds, so you need to watch them closely.
- Drain on brown paper bags and serve with your favorite pasta sauce that has been warmed.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)