Recipe: Chipotle Sauce
- 2 Chipotle Chiles;
- 2 Bacon; Slices, Finely Cut Up
- 1/4 Cup Onion; Finely Chopped, 1 small
- 3 Cup Tomatoes; Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1/4 Cup Carrot; Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Celery; Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro; Snipped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- You can make this sauce as hot as you want by adding up to a total of 4 dried Chipotle chiles.
- Cover chilies with warm water.
- Let stand until softened, about 1 hour.
- Drain and finely chop.
- Cook and stir bacon and onion in a 2−quart saucepan until bacon is crisp; stir in chilies and remaining ingredients.
- Makes about 4 cups sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)