Recipe: Fluffy Pikelets
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Sift flour, salt and soda into a small bowl.
- Add sugar, egg and milk.
- Beat on low speed until mixed.
- Beat on high speed for about 1 minute, then fold in melted butter.
- Place spoonfuls onto a hot griddle or frypan.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)