Recipe: Verde Azzor
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Cup White rice
- 1/4 Cup Onions, chopped
- 2 Pablano chillies, roasted, peeled, deseeded & chopped
- 6 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 3/4 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat until hot.
- Add rice & cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until rice turns opaque.
- Add the onions, cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in green onions, garlic, salt & cumin; cook & stir for 20 seconds.
- Stir in broth & bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat & simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost tender.
- Remove skillet from heat & transfer to greased 1 1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Garnish with cilantro & serve hot.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Mexican