Recipe: Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Chill a small mixing bowl.
- Soften gelatin with 2 teaspoons cold water, then add boiling water, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cool until tepid.
- Place ice water and nonfat dry milk in the chilled bowl.
- Beat at high speed until mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Add sugar, still beating, then oil and gelatin.
- Place in freezer about 15 minutes then transfer to refrigerator until ready for use.
- Stir before using to retain creamy texture.
- Makes 2 cups.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)