Recipe: Deep Fried Mars Bars
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Mars or other caramel covered candy bars
- Shortening or oil for frying
- Mix flour, salt, and water until smooth, cover, and let stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir baking powder into batter.
- Place shortening or oil in a deep fat fryer, insert thermometer, and begin heating over high heat.
- Dip candy bars into batter, allowing excess to drain off.
- Fry in 375F fat until golden and crisp.
- Drain on paper toweling.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: Appetizers
Culinary tradition: USA (General)