- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (Put yeast and sugar in warm water and soak 10 minutes)
- 2 well−beaten eggs
- 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups seedless raisins
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- powdered sugar to dust
- Mix together yeast mixture, eggs, water, vanilla and salt.
- Add to flour slowly while mixing.
- Add fruit, combine and let rise 1 1/2 hours.
- Drop small portions in hot frying oil; cook until browned, drain, and dust with powdered sugar.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)