Recipe: Salata Mechouia Nablia
- 1 pound large red peppers
- 1 fresh red chili
- 2−4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 well flavored tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2−3 tablespoons olive oil
- Quarters of hard boiled eggs, chunks of canned tuna fish and
- Black olives to serve
- Preheat the broiler and place the peppers, chili, garlic and tomatoes in a broiler pan and cook, turning occasionally until the skins are charred and blistered, and the garlic is soft.
- Leave to cool then peel the vegetables.
- Discard the cores and seeds from the peppers and chili, and the seeds from the tomatoes.
- Put all the vegetables into a blender or food processor.
- In a frying pan, gently heat the caraway seeds and oil until fragrant.
- Add to the blender or food processor with the salt and puree to a paste.
- Chill before serving.
- Serve in a bowl with quarters of hard boiled eggs, chunks of tuna fish and black olives.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)