Recipe: Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 loaf of italian bread, halved lengthwise then cut crosswise diagonally into 1 inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- Toast the italian bread in the oven until lightly browned and crispy on both sides. Try and do this step after you have prepared the topping, so the bread is still warm when it’s ready to serve.
- Combine the garlic and olive oil and brush over one side of the bread so the garlic flavor gets infused into the bread.
- Cut the tomatoes into halves lengthwise, then cut crosswise diagonally into 1 inch pieces, and spread the tomato evenly over the bread. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and chopped fresh basil leaves to taste.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Italian