Recipe: Thin Crust Dough
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water (105 F)
- Stir yeast and sugar into water, let sit for 8 minutes or so.
- In a bowl (or food processor) mix
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all−purpose flour or bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the yeast mixture.
- If using food processor, continue running until dough forms a ball, 10−20 seconds.
- By hand, mix with a sturdy spoon until ready to knead.
- On a floured surface turn out dough.
- Knead dough for 2 minutes or so.
- If dough is a little sticky, dust your fingers and counter with flour, (but as little as possible).
- Roll out by hand for a 12″ pizza.
- Place in lightly oiled pizza pan using your fingertips to press up to the edge and forming a shallow lip.
- Sauce, cheese, and top with desired ingredients.
- Bake at 500F in pre−heated oven for 8−12 minutes, the edges will turn a nice golden brown when done. 11. Dough will be firm and crispy, not soggy and soft like many other doughs.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Italian