Recipe: Zucchini Dough
- 3 1/2 cups Zucchini; coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 3 Eggs; lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese; grated
- 2 tbls. Fresh basil; (2 to 3 leaves) or 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place zucchini in bowl and lightly salt.
- Let sit for 15 minutes and squeeze out all the water that is rendered.
- Roll in a towel and twist again.
- This is to remove all possible water.
- Mix with rest of ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread on a well−oiled baking pan and bake in a 350F oven until top is dry and lightly browned (20 minutes).
- Remove from oven, add desired sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Return to oven and bake at 350F until done, about another 20 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Italian