Recipe: ALMOND GAZPACHO WITH GRAPES
- Bread, stale, crust removed 6 oz.
- Almonds, blanched and skinned 1 cup
- Garlic cloves 4 ea.
- Extra virgin olive oil ½ cup
- White wine vinegar 5 Tbsp.
- Salt 2 tsp.
- Muscat grapes, halved and seeded 12 ea.
- Soak the bread in the water to cover until it is softened, about 15 minutes.
- Combine the almonds and garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse until the almonds are finely ground.
- Squeeze out the water from the bread and add it to the food processor. Blend to a smooth paste.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a slow stream, then the vinegar and salt. Beat in ½ cup cold water, and then pour the mixture into a tureen, wooden bowl, or pitcher and add 1½ cups of water. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt or vinegar if needed. The soup should be fairly tangy.
- Serve immediately or chill the gazpacho. Stir before serving in bowls, garnished with grapes and garlic chips.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)