Recipe: ASPARAGUS WITH PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO
- Extra virgin olive oil 1/3 cup
- Asparagus, peeled 1 lb.
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon juice ¾ tsp.
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved ½ cup
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and peel the asparagus, leaving the heads. Cut into ½ inch pieces on a bias. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook until tender. Shock the asparagus in a bowl of ice water until it is cooled. Drain the asparagus from the water and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté the asparagus lightly to warm through and add the lemon juice. Finish with the Parmigiano and serve warm.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Italian