Recipe: Baked Pineapple Casserole
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 5 slices white bread, torn
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- Grease a medium−sized casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together margarine with sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir bread and crushed pineapple into the mixture.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 60 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)