Recipe: Corn Fritters
- 3/4 cup of plain all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 large sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Rinse the sweet corn. Use a sharp knife to remove the corn kernels off the cob and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the eggs and milk with the corn and combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Use a different mixing bowl to combine the flour, salt, pepper and baking powder. Pour these ingredients into the same bowl as the corn mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon to form a thick batter consistency.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and drop large spoonfuls of corn mixture into the pan when it is hot enough.
- Cook the corn fritters until golden brown on one side, then turn and repeat on the other side.
- Drain the fritters with paper towels to remove excess oil and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)