Recipe: Herbs ‘n Onion Pie
- 3 large onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 pound bacon, crisp fried and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Grease a 9″ pie plate.
- Cook onions in butter in a 10″ skillet, stirring frequently, until onions are softened.
- Arrange half of the onions evenly in pie plate sprinkle with half of the bacon.
- Top with remaining onions and bacon.
- Place milk, worcestershire sauce, eggs and Bisquick in blender container.
- Cover and blend on high for 15 seconds.
- Pour into plate.
- Mix herbs in small bowl; crush slightly.
- Sprinkle evenly over milk mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)