Recipe: Latkes (Potato Pancakes)
- 3−4 medium potatoes
- 2−3 tablespoons Matzo meal (or flour)
- 1 egg peanut oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, grated (optional)
- apple sauce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Grate potatoes.
- Mix in egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- Grated onion may be added for flavor.
- Form into patties and fry until brown on both sides (about 2 minutes for each side).
- Serve with apple sauce or sour cream.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)