Recipe: Oysters Rockefeller
- 18 Half Shell Oysters
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions and tops
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons anisette
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine or butter rock salt
- In a small saucepan, saute celery, onions and parsley in margarine until tender.
- In blender, combine sauteed vegetables, spinach, anisette and salt.
- Blend until almost pureed.
- When necessary, stop blender and push vegetables into blades.
- Place 1/2 inch of rock salt in a shallow, oven−proof serving dish.
- Nestle half shell oysters in salt bed. (This rock salt holds the shells in place and keeps oysters hot.)
- Top each oyster with spinach mixture.
- Combine bread crumbs and melted margarine, then sprinkle crumb mixture over oysters.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)