Recipe: Scallops Provencal
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced regular or plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium−high heat.
- Add scallops, and saute 4 minutes or until done.
- Remove scallops from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside, and keep warm.
- Add onion rings and garlic to skillet, and saute for 1−2 minutes.
- Add tomato and remaining ingredients and saute 2 minutes or until tender.
- Spoon sauce over scallops.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)