Recipe: Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 green onions, sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins.
- To the potato flesh add sour cream,milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions.
- Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)