Recipe: Homestyle Potato Salad
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced white onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced celery
- 1 teaspoon diced pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper dash salt
- Lightly peel the potatoes (you don’t have to get all of the skin off) then chop them into 1/2″ pieces and boil in 6 cups of boiling, salted water for 7 to 10 minutes.
- The potato chuncks should be tender, yet slightly tough in the middle when done.
- Drain and rinse potatoes with cold water.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Poured drained potatoes into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and mix until well combined. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Overnight is best.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)