Recipe: Key West Crab Salad
- 3 cups torn spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 12 ounces cooked crabmeat, broken into bite−sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, lettuce, cabbage, oranges, and onions.
- Add crabmeat, and gently toss until combined.
- Set aside.
- In a small jar with a tight−fitting lid, combine orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, oil and tarragon.
- Cover, and shake until well mixed.
- Pour orange dressing over spinach salad, and gently toss until salad is well coated.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)