Recipe: Banana Crunch Cake
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut meat
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup butter − cut in tiny pieces
- 1−1/2 cups ripe banana − sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package Pillsbury Moist Supreme Yellow
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour 10−inch bundt pan.
- In bowl, combine flour, coconut, rolled oats, brown sugar, and pecan; mix well.
- Using fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl combine banana slices, sour cream and eggs; mix until smooth at medium high speed (the banana slices will be totally incorporated; otherwise the bananas used were not ripe enough).
- Add the Pillsbury Moist Supreme Yellow Cake Mix, mix 2 minutes at high speed.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in greased pan; sprinkle with 1/2 of coconut mixture.
- Repeat again, ending with coconut mixture.
- Bake for 45 − 50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)