Recipe: Chocolate Christmas Truffles
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1−1/2 teaspoons instant−coffee crystals
- 1 12−ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup butter Sifted cocoa powder
- In a bowl, combine whipping cream, Irish cream liqueur and coffee liqueur. Stir in the instant−coffee crystals; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove from heat; gradually stir in cream mixture until blended.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover tightly and chill in refrigerator about 2 hours or until completely cool and smooth, stirring occasionally. Mixture will be slightly sticky.
- Shape tablespoons of candy into balls. Roll each in cocoa powder. Place on a waxed−paper−lined baking sheet. Chill until firm.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you like, roll in additional cocoa powder before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)