Recipe: Cranberry Nut Pudding
- 2 bags of cranberries, 12 oz. each
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup black walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cup all−purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 6 tablespoons cold butter (3/4 of a stick)
- 7/8 cup milk 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Grease a 10 inch deep dish pie pan with butter.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and put into pie pan.
- For the topping, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice together.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is the consistency of coarse cornmeal.
- Add the milk and beat with a fork until just blended, forming a stiff, but sticky dough.
- Drop the dough in small pieces onto the filling leaving some spaces for steam to escape.
- Brush with the beaten egg and bake for a half hour or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with French Vanilla Ice Cream and a few chopped walnuts.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)