Recipe: Cream Puffs
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all−purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Mix together vanilla instant pudding mix, cream and milk.
- Cover and refrigerate to set.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil.
- Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
- Centers should be dry.
- When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the pudding mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the pudding into the shells.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)