Recipe: Fresh Raspberry Cream Tart
- 1 cup all purpose flour 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons
- (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1−1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 − 8 ounce container mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese), chilled
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter 9−inch−diameter tart pan with removable bottom.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, orange peel, and vanilla in large bowl to blend.
- Add flour mixture and beat until large clumps form.
- Gather dough into ball; press over bottom and up sides of prepared tart pan.
- Freeze crust 15 minutes. Bake crust 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Using back of spoon, press sides to raise until even with top edge of pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes longer.
- Spread preserves over bottom of crust.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling:
- Using electric mixer, beat mascarpone, cream, powdered sugar, orange peel, and both extracts in large bowl until peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Spread filling evenly in cooled crust.
- Chill until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Arrange raspberries in concentric circles atop filling and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)