Recipe: Irish Cream Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar 3 eggs, separated
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (or substitute 2 tbs. cold coffee)
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and margarine.
- Press onto bottom of 9−inch springform pan.
- Soften gelatin in water, stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Blend in 3/4 cup sugar and beaten egg yolks; cook stirring constantly, over low heat, 3 minutes. .
- Combine cream cheese and cocoa, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add the gelatin mixture and bourbon, mixing until well blended.
- Chill until thickened, but not set.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy; gradually adding the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into cheese mixture and pour over crust.
- Chill until firm.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: Irish