Recipe: Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 − 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)If using key limes or juice, use half as much.
- 3 eggs
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine crumbs, butter and 1 Tbsp. sugar in a bowl.
- Stir well to to coat all crumbs.
- Keep it crumbly.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom and half way up the sides of an 8″ springform pan.
- Bake crust for 5 mins. and set aside.
- In large bowl combine cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Mix with electric mixer till smooth.
- Add the lime juice and eggs and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake for 60 to 70 mins.
- If top is turning light brown it’s done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Put into fridge.
- When chilled, remove the pan sides and cut with dental floss.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)