Recipe: Wisconsin Cheese Soup
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all−purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp
- Cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan over medium−high heat, combine carrots, broccoli, water, and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in reserved vegetables and cooking liquid.
- Heat through, and serve with fresh crusty bread.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)