Recipe: CHICKEN SALAD CASSEROLE
- 2 c. chopped cooked chicken
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. sliced diced water chestnuts
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. crushed corn flakes
- Mix all ingredients except butter and corn flakes.
- Place in ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch casserole.
- Melt butter and mix with corn flakes.
- Spread over casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- All ingredients may be mixed ahead except corn flakes and butter.
- This should be put on just before baking.
- Casserole should be eaten as soon as baked.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)