2 C macaroni
1/2 C onions, chopped
1/2 C evaporated skim milk
1 medium egg, beaten
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/4 C (4 oz) lowfat sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
as needed nonstick cooking spray
1. Cook macroni according to directions—but do not add salt to the cooking water. Drain and set aside.
2. Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
4. Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions to saucepan and sauté for about 3 minutes.
5. In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and rest of the ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
6. Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.