Recipe: Green Beans Sauté
- 1 lb fresh or frozen green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- If using fresh green beans, cook in boiling water for 10–12 minutes or steam for 2–3 minutes until barely fork tender. Drain well. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Sauté onion until golden.
- Stir in green beans, salt, and pepper. Heat through.
- Before serving, toss with parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)