Recipe: Limas and Spinach
- 2 C frozen lima beans
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 C fennel, cut in 4-oz strips
- 1/2 C onion, chopped
- 1/4 C low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 C leaf spinach, washed thoroughly
- 1 Tbsp distilled vinegar
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp raw chives
- Steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water for about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In skillet, sauté onions and fennel in oil.
- Add beans and stock to onions and cover. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach. Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and pepper. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)