2 lb fish fillets
1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
1/4 C skim milk or 1% buttermilk
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
1/4 tsp white pepper, ground
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 C cornflakes, crumbled, or regular bread crumbs
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 fresh lemon, cut in wedges
1. Preheat oven to 475 °F.
2. Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
3. Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
4. Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on plate.
5. Let fillets sit briefly in milk. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
6. Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
7. Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
8. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.