Recipe: Savory Potato Salad
- 6 (about 2 lb) medium potatoes
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 stalks scallion, finely chopped
- 1/4 C red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 C green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, hard boiled, chopped
- 6 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dill weed, dried
- Wash potatoes, cut in half, and place in saucepan in cold water.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 25–30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and dice potatoes when cool.
- Add vegetables and egg to potatoes, and toss.
- Blend together mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill weed.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture, and stir gently to coat evenly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)