Recipe: Sweet Potato Custard
- 1 C sweet potato, cooked, mashed
- 1/2 C (about 2) small bananas, mashed
- 1 C evaporated skim milk
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 egg yolks (or 1/3 C egg substitute), beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C raisins
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana.
- Add milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Spray 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in preheated 325 ºF oven for 40–45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)