Recipe: BEMA’S CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE
- 6 split chicken breasts, rolled in poultry seasons and parsley
- 1/2 lb. margarine
- 1 c. chopped green pepper
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 4 c. chicken broth (2 cans sweet sue)
- 1 c. rice (Uncle Ben’s wild and long rice works well)
- Place chicken breasts skin side down into baking dish with margarine and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.
- Remove breasts temporarily, stir in peppers and onions, add rice.
- Place chicken on top skin side up.
- Bake at 350 degrees for at least an hour.
- This is a nice make ahead dish suitable not only for family but for company as well.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)