Recipe: CHICKEN AND BISCUITS
- 3 tbsp. margarine
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked & boned
- 3 tbsp. chopped onion
- 3 tbsp. chopped celery
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 drops Tabasco
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can (10 count) Hungry Jack buttermilk biscuits & 1 sm. can
- 1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 c. grated Cheddar cheese
- Cut chicken up into very small pieces.
- In a skillet melt margarine and saute onion and celery.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Add cut up chicken to this mixture.
- In a bowl, mix soup, sour cream and milk; set aside.
- With a rolling pin, roll each biscuit out flat.
- Put a spoonful of chicken mixture on each biscuit, fold biscuit over and pinch all edges together.
- Place biscuits in lightly greased baking dish and bake 10- 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and cover with soup mixture and grated cheese and return to oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese and soup are bubbly.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)