Recipe: CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 1 (10 oz.) box Wheat Thins, crushed
- 2 c. chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can asparagus, cut spears
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- Combine soup and mayonnaise. Place 1/2 of crushed Wheat Thins in the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ greased baking dish.
- Place 1/2 of the soup and mayonnaise mixture, then asparagus, mushrooms, diced chicken, water chestnuts and cheddar cheese. Top with remaining soup and mayonnaise mixture. Melt butter and combine with remaining Wheat Thins. Sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly around the edges.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)