Recipe: CHICKEN & RICE CASSEROLE
- 1 c. uncooked rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pkg. Good Season Italian dressing mix
- 2 c. boiling water
- 2 1/2-3 lb. cut up chicken or chicken breasts
- Wash and drain rice. Spread in 9 x 13 inch baking dish or 3 quart casserole. Mix soup, Italian dressing mix and water. Stir into rice, salt and pepper, chicken pieces. Lay skin side up on top of rice mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and cook for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Uncover and cook for 20 minutes longer to dry rice.
- Put casserole under broiler for a few seconds to brown chicken.
*Cream of mushroom soup can be substituted for the cream of chicken soup.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)