Recipe: Fresh Artichokes
- 2 large Fresh artichokes
- 6 cups −Water, hot
- 4 slices Lemon, thin slices
- 1/3 cup Butter; or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- With sharp knife, slice about 1″ off top of each artichoke; cut off stem near base.
- With scissors, trim about 1/2″ off top of each leaf.
- With sharp knife, halve each artichoke vertically; then scoop out and discard the fuzzy center or choke.
- Place artichoke halves in slowcooker; add hot water and lemon slices.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hrs. or until done.
- Drain; serve with sauce.
- Lemon butter sauce − combine all ingredients.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)