Recipe: HERBED – TURKEY or CHICKEN – IN – A – BAG
- 1 (7-10 lb.) turkey or chicken
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. savory
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tbsp. flour
- Rinse turkey and dry. Combine parsley and next 5 ingredients in blender; process 1 minute.
- Sprinkle cavity and outside of turkey with herb mixture. Shake flour into large cooking bag; place in large roasting dish at least 2 inches deep.
- Place turkey into bag according to directions. Insert meat thermometer. Bake at 325 degrees until Thermometer reaches 185 degrees.
- Remove from oven and slit bag open. Remove turkey and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve with dressing.Yield
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern