Recipe: MOZZARELLA CHICKEN AND SAUCE
- 4 chicken breast with or without bones
- 1 jar Ragu spaghetti sauce (tomatoes and herbs)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sm. onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. sliced ham, chopped
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese
- Dales steak sauce
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- Cover bottom of Pyrex dish (for oven) with Dales steak sauce. Layer bottom of dish with chicken (browning optional). Sprinkle chicken with onions, green peppers, salt, pepper, garlic powder and ham.
- Cover with Ragu sauce. Cover and cook for 50 minutes in preheated oven, 350 degree cooking temperature. Remove cover and cover with cheese. Remain cooking until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles and with French bread. Yield 4 servings as a complete meal.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)