Recipe: SOUTHWEST TURKEY or CHICKEN BURGERS
- 1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
- Bottled mild salsa
- 1/2-3/4 lb. mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. salad oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- In skillet over medium heat, in hot salad oil, cook mushrooms and salt until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- In small bowl mix mayonnaise and 1/3 cup salsa.
- To serve, cut each roll in half.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on bottom halves of buns.
- Top with patties and mushrooms.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)