Recipe: Beef Chilli
- 1/2 to 1 quart of beef (depending on how many are eating)
- 1 large can of crushed or diced tomatoes with liquid
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 cloves crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 pound of buffalo or lean beef – cooked, 1 to 2 Tablespoon of cornstarch or potato starch for thickening
- 1 small can of green chillies (optional).
- Put all ingredients in pot and stir until thickener is dissolved
- Heat until hot and serve with chopped onions
- Of course you will want to adjust seasonings to taste
- I just throw in and don’t measure so I make it a little different every time but with these ingredients.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)