- chicken broth (depends upon size of crowd, but nice and soupy amount).
- chicken breasts (about one large breast per 2-3 people).
- hominy (I use a large can plus the liquid).
- chilli powder (depends upon how spicy you like your pasole).
- garlic powder or several fresh garlic cloves crushed cumin.
- Las Palmas Red Chile Sauce-I think this really makes the soup the best! (contains: dried red chillies, water, olive oil, cider vinegar).
- salt to taste.
- Cook chicken breasts and cut into small pieces.
- Put all ingredients into a big pot and heat through.
- Serve with bowls of organic shredded cabbage, olives, chopped onions, guacamole, corn chips, green chillies, ‘fake cheese’ (see recipe below), etc.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Spanish