Recipe: Pepper and pear soup
- 1 large organic onion – diced.
- 2 organic carrots – diced.
- 3 organic red peppers – deseeded and chopped.
- 1 tbsp organic olive oil.
- 1.2ltr (2pt) organic vegetable stock.
- 3 organic pears – peeled – cored and chopped.
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme .
- In a large pan, sweat the onion, carrots and peppers in the oil, covered, for 10 mins until softened but not coloured.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and add the pears and thyme. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove the thyme sprigs and liquidize the soup to your preferred consistency. Return to the pan to heat through.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)